I washed my hair in the shower. After Soaking my hair with the shower water I put my hair in 4 sections.I had one large section in the front (like a Rhinoceros) where my hair is easier to manage. 2 Sections on the side (one on each side), and one section in the back. I washed each section with shampoo, rinsed it out then bantu knotted them. I then conditioned each section (one by one) and when all 4 were conditioned I rinsed them out and applied the deep conditioner. I put on plastic cap and got out the shower. I sat under my jumbo hair drying bonnet for 15 minutes. I rinsed out the deep conditioner and then filled a spray bottle with the hair tea. I saturated my hair will all of the tea.
- Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo (product review)
- Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Shine Conditioner
- Curl Junkie Curl Rehab Deep Conditioner (product review)
- MainElement Love Herbal Hair Tea (purchase)
- Gold N Hot Ionic Soft Jumbo Bonnet Dryer (heres a few places online I found it for you (sallys) (amazon)
I finger parted a medium section of hair and then applied the leave in conditioner to the section first. I rubbed a dime sized amount of oil into my hand and then smoothed it onto the section of hair. I finished off the section of hair by smoothing shea butter down the hair strands. I put the section of hair in a two strand twists and then repeated all over my head until my entire head was twisted. I will allow my hair to air dry over night and will either loosen my hair to style or style the twists in some type of updo.
- My moisturizing Leave In Conditioner (see tutorial below)
- Coconut Oil
- Alikay Naturals Shea Yogurt Hair Moisturizer (product review)